Community

Starting a new year and a new school with a fresh perspective

What words like Hero, Confidence, Character and Integrity mean to a teenage girl What is a hero? To me, a hero would be a person who shows extreme passion into making the world a better place. Whether they succeed or fail at their efforts, they are a hero because they tried. Everyone can be a

Keep Reading

Entering the Great Unknown with My Strengths & Students in Mind

It’s been a while. I haven’t been in the classroom for almost sixteen months (between summers and mat leave). It’s a daunting thought to get my head wrapped around going back to the classroom in a month or so. And yet…it’s exciting! It feels like a fresh start as I have a chance to begin

Keep Reading

Heroic Alberta: Evidence of our Impact

Impact Society has been delivering HEROES®, our flagship strengths-focused character education experience, to students in Alberta since 1994 and across Canada since 2009.  Over the years, we have received significant anecdotal support from our participants confirming that what we do works.  While the value of participant testimony is undeniable we also recognize the value of

Keep Reading

Summer Reading

A teachers reflection on the book ‘The Teacher Every Student Wants & Needs’ As a fairly new teacher to the world of education, I know that I will be forever learning on the job. For example, there always seems to be one new educational strategy after another that we have to try to implement in

Keep Reading

Thrive Through Summer Break

Ah, the sounds of summer! Children playing outside, birds singing, the beckoning (& somewhat annoying) song of the ice cream truck, lawn mowers, sprinklers…what a message they all voice…“At long last, it’s SUMMER! “ Summer! To most students of any age the word speaks something else. FREEDOM! Freedom from alarms, school buses, teachers, studying, bells,

Keep Reading

Categories

Authors